You're most welcome to join our free, nonprofit, grant-funded 'Evo Devo Universe' (EDU) research community. It presently numbers about 50 scholars.
Our members :
- are informed about future conferences and workshops
- are listed on our People page along with passionate researchers
- have access to a free private bibliography with 250 PDF papers
- have the privilege to edit the EDU website, to publicize their own references to the Bibliography, to create new Research Themes and Research Questions and thereby stimulate collaboration
- optionaly, discuss at a high academic level challenging issues, on our filtered EDU-Talk listserve.
To join, you just need a few minutes to fill-in the following details, and email them to Clément Vidal.
- Email (to be used on Google Groups if you join EDU-Talk):
- City and country of residence:
- Website(s) :
- Background, Education, experience, or affiliations relevant to EDU Themes or Questions (1 paragraph or more):
- Research interests with respect to EDU Themes or Questions (1 paragraph or more):
- Publications related to EDU Themes or Questions. Please provide open access links where available, PDFs otherwise.
- I want to join the EDU-Talk listserve (You application questions will then be posted as your New Member Introduction)
- I want to join the EDU-Notices listserve
- What are your 10 favorite books/papers? (Can you also provide a sentence describing each?).
- Do you have any initial advice or feedback to improve management of the community?
- We would love to list you on our People page. Please provide one short sentence describing your research.
Thank you for your patience in allowing a few days for your submission to be processed. If accepted, you will receive a "Welcome message" to edit the wiki.
If you join EDU-Talk, the answers you provide in Questions 1-7 will be posted to the list by the moderator as your New Member Introduction. If not accepted, you will be informed by a list moderator. There are minimal scholarship and research relevancy requirements for list members.
We sincerely hope you can join our community and thereby advance the evolutionary-development of our universe!
A Brief Note On Scope: Such topics as non-naturalistic teleology, intelligent design, supernaturalism, theology, and science and spirituality convergence are outside the scope of our community. Hypotheses of directionality (systemic trajectory), orthogenesis (systemic improvement) and teleology (systemic purpose, implicit to system structure or function) may be discussed, but only from a naturalistic or developmental perspective, with the aim to find quantifiable, testable, and falsifiable models or hypotheses. Challenging topics in informational and computational complexity (intelligence, mind, consciousness, morality, culture) should strive to show relation to known or proposed structure and process in natural systems (physical, chemical, biological, cultural, technological) processes, and to explore empirical/measurable/testable implications of the precepts. Please see Themes and Questions for any other questions about the scope of the EDU community, and EDU Talk introduction and posting rules for general questions on posting to the list.