Our Scientific Board helps maintain the quality, impact, and relevance of EDU conference, publication, and community activities. They serve in volunteer capacity at the request of Directors, and there are presently no fixed terms.
- James A. Coffman, developmental biologist and scholar interested in the relationship between development and causality.
Affiliations: Associate Professor, Mount Desert Island Biological Laboratory, Salisbury Cove, ME USA
- James N. Gardner, complexity theorist, author, lawyer, scholar in philosophy, and proposer of the selfish biocosm hypothesis.
Affiliations: Independent Scholar, Portland, OR USA
- Carlos Gershenson, complexity theorist studying self-organization, evolution, ALife, and cognition. (Boston, MA, USA)
Affiliations: Director, Dept of Computer Science, Nat'l Autonomous Univ. of Mexico (UNAM), Mexico City, Mexico; Editor-in-Chief, Complexity Digest
- Georgi Georgiev, physicist working on understanding the mechanisms for the measured exponential growth in complexity through time.
Affiliations: Assistant Professor, Assumption College, Worcester, MA USA
- Richard Gordon, embryologist and theoretical biologist exploring development, genetics, and evolution. (Manitoba, Canada)
Affiliations: Professor, Department of Radiology, U. of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
- Francis Heylighen, systems theorist and cyberneticist focusing on the evolution of complexity. (Brussels, Belgium)
Affiliations: Research Professor, Vrije Universiteit Brussels - VUB; Director, ECCO Group, Brussels, Belgium
- David Holcman, mathematician and computational biologist modeling microstructures in biological systems. (Paris, France)
Affiliations: Director of Interdisciplinary Research, Department of Computational Biology, Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France
- Nicolás Lori, interdisciplinary researcher interested in neuroscience, logic and physics. (Coimbra, Portugal)
Affiliations: Research Assistant Professor, IBILI, Faculty of Medicine, University of Coimbra, Coimbra Portugal
- Laurent Nottale, cosmologist and pioneering theorist in scale relativity and fractal space-time. (Paris, France)
Affiliations: Director of Research, CNRS; Researcher, Paris Observatory, Paris, France
- John Smart, systems theorist studying accelerating change and evolutionary development.
Affiliations: Associate Professor, University of Advancing Technology, Tempe, AZ USA; President, Acceleration Studies Foundation, Mountain View, CA USA
- Clement Vidal, philosopher and systems theorist studying evolutionary cosmology.
Affiliations: Grad Student, Vrije Universiteit Brussels; Researcher, Centre Leo Apostel, ECCO Group, and Global Brain Institute, Brussels, Belgium
Have you done notable peer-reviewed research in topics related to EDU Themes? Are you presently institutionally affiliated? Would you be willing to help us advance our work, on a part-time basis? Please email Clement Vidal about joining our Scientific Board.