Talk:List of examples of convergent evolution
From Evo Devo Universe
Revision as of 12:41, 23 June 2017 by JohnMSmart (JohnMSmart moved page Talk:List of examples of convergent evolution (EDU version) to Talk:List of examples of convergent evolution: More concise)
- Copy in Wikipedia page stub: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_examples_of_convergent_evolution (done)
- Fix link issues, migrate over and link to pictures
- Add a Reflist template Template:Reflist to our wiki, so we can link to references wikipedia style http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Referencing_for_beginners#Inserting_a_reference
- Add Stan Salthe's new examples and updates from his article, and cite each of them in references.
- Add McGhee's new examples and updates, McGhee, G.R. (2011) Convergent Evolution: Limited Forms Most Beautiful, MIT Press, and cite him.
- Add Kevin Kelly's technology examples in What Technology Wants, 2010. Cite him.
- Add John Smart's examples: http://www.accelerationwatch.com/convergentevolution.html
- Add Simon Conway Morris's examples, Life's Solution, 2005.
- Add Cohen and Stewart's examples, Figments of Reality, 1997.
- Add Sanderson's examples, Homoplasy: The Recurrence of Similarity in Evolution, 1996.
- Look at Connie Barlow's examples http://www.thegreatstory.org/convergence.html, and cite her if we use any.
- Google "convergent evolution examples". Look for more.
- Make a Bibliography of classic books (those above, others) that have sections on convergence/homology.
- Getting good references for all these examples will be challenging, but very valuable!